Covered by WIRED, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, TMZ, TechCrunch, Mashable and many others!
App of the Day for Friday, Dec 22, 2017
It’s 1984, and you’ve got a VHS camcorder! It’ll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking retro videos to friends. They’ll swear you built a time machine: “OMG, how’d you shoot that?”
With Rarevision VHS, you’ll make videos that look and sound like real retro video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create custom animated titles, glitch up the picture by shaking your device and use the fake zoom to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
“That’s freakin’ amazing!” -Everyone
Here’s Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create VHS-style retro videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• The only VHS cam app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Shoot your own “found footage” movie and become a big Hollywood director like those other guys
• Make your kids’ incredibly boring school plays actually rad
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• Pretend like you lived through the rad 1980s using our app!
What Rarevision VHS Can Do:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST VHS cam app for simulating the glitches of old videotape recordings
• Import videos and give them the VHS look
• Make your own signature look using the old-school picture adjustment menu
• Create your own animated titles for the ultimate in on-screen awesomeness
• Change the on-screen date so people think you’re way younger–or older–than you really are
• Glitch the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Fake zoom feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Don’t think we forgot to make things sound retro terrible (we didn’t)
• Up to 60p recording for a more accurate VHS video look (depends on device capability)
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Rarevision is a US-based company, with all software development done in-house.
Copyright © 2015-2021 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
• Minor tweaks and bug fixes