Works with ArduPilot platform, including 3DR Solo via WiFi or Bluetooth Low Energy.
Please read the user manual at https://sidepilot.net/pdf/SidePilot-UserManual.pdf
NOTE: If you are not using the 3DR Solo, you must have either a Serial to BLE module (HM-10, BLE Mini etc), or a WiFi connection to your drone.
* Supports ArduCopter, ArduPlane and ArduRover
* GPS Location of drone
* Location of nearby aircraft shown on map
* Set, edit and delete waypoints offline & when connected. Import and export waypoint sets to share with devices, or edit using a text editor.
* Display VFR information such as altitude, yaw, pitch and roll.
* Voice alerts for mode changes and other important information
* Edit, save and load entire parameter sets
* Perform Pre-Flight checklist
* GPS satellite status
* Distance from home/device
* Battery voltage display and warnings
* Calibration of battery monitor, accelerometer, compass and radio limits
* Live stream video direct to Facebook or YouTube.
* View advanced data from your drone such as IMU, vibration, RC input and output, etc
* Download Dataflash & record telemetry logs
* Follow Me – Use your devices GPS to follow you at a set distance/altitude
* Orbit mode – Circle an object for a fantastic cinematic shots!
* Pre-Flight checklist current weather (wind & temp)information and alerts based on your location
* Grid Waypoints – Create a survey grid to fly
* Tap to fly to point – Tap a location and your drone will fly there!
* Internet based ADSB information to display nearby aircraft on the map and provide warnings.
* And many more
Quick-start guide (Using a WiFi connection):
1. Turn on drone and connect using WiFi
2. Start app and navigate to settings. Select either WiFi UDP, TCP or 3DR Solo (if using a 3DR Solo)
3. If setting up WiFi manually, click on WiFi Settings and input the correct IP address and port that the MAVLink protocol is running over. (Usually listed in settings as the router IP, and a port of 14550)
4. Go back to the main screen and press the connect button on the top right. The app should begin displaying information about the drone. If not, double check your WiFi settings.
5. For any other issues, please post on the SidePilot Facebook page
Please post suggestions and bug reports on the SidePilot Facebook page or via email to [email protected]
WARNING: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note: iPads without cellular do not have GPS capability unless tethered to a iOS Device with cellular, and even then it is poor and not suitable for Follow Me or other navigation modes.
• Some small bug fixes
• Fixed Solo GoPro Control
• Added ArduRemoteID Support (Beta)
• Added GeoFence
• And squished a few bugs