FULL iCLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom, YouTube, Reddit and Mastodon feeds, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS, RDF, Atom, JSON, Reddit and Mastodon feed engine.
• Clean, 100% native, distraction-free user interface
• Article list with resizable thumbnails
• Feed level option to automatically open articles in Reader view
• Size, alignment and visibility of the thumbnails are adjustable.
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood
• Widgets for Home Screen and Today View
• Use automatic Reader view to read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format
• Mark items as favorite for later reading
• Navigate with one tap to the original content
• Timeline view shows your news articles in an attractive newspaper-like way
• Full text search
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news articles
• Share news items via email, Messages, Notes and more
• Built-in support to share articles with Instapaper and Pocket
• Add new RSS, Atom and JSON feeds directly from Safari, using the ‘Add to News Explorer’ share extension
• Add RSS and Mastodon feeds via the built-in search form
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON, Reddit and Mastodon feeds
• Dedicated YouTube channel feed support
• Group your subscriptions with collapsible folders
• Rename and reorder folders and feeds, using drag-and-drop
• OPML import and export.
• Article reader with adjustable title and body font settings
• Global filters let you filter all feeds and related news on unread items and favorites
• External keyboard support
• Perform quick actions with horizontal swipes
• Pull subscription list to start a sync session
• App icon badge with unread articles count
• Navigate to the next or previous article with animated swipe gestures
• You can set a default primary article view, such as Mercury Reader view, for all feeds.
• The default primary view can be overruled on feed or article level.
• Custom storage period for each item status (read, unread and favorite)
• Syncing with iCloud can be disabled, to use only the built-in high speed RSS engine
• And much more!
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, ATOM, JSON Feed, Reddit and Mastodon news feeds
• Supports RSS feeds with HTTP digest and basic authentication
• iCloud sync with CloudKit
• Multiple Reader view engines
• Supports RTL articles
• Background app refresh
• Spotlight indexing with images
• Handoff support
• Notifications with images
• Quick Notes support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or need support on News Explorer, then browse to https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html or email us at [email protected].
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store or to recommend it to a friend. It helps a lot!
• Fixed a feed parser issue with self closing HTML tags.