Talk For Me – Text to Speech will help you to communicate with ease. Type in the main text area or tap one of the six main custom buttons and your iPhone or iPad will talk for you. Need to make a phone call or a FaceTime audio or video call? Automagically the spoken text will be heard on the other caller’s phone or iPad when on a call. Want to set up more custom phrases? Swipe up for more pages with custom editable buttons. Need even more? Save phrases in an archive database. This is great for saving partial sentences or for temporary text in preparation for a phone call or meeting. A quick swipe left, select a sentence from your archive, and it will appear in the main window ready for you to complete or use. Can you type fast or need to spell a word? Turn on the Auto Speech Function to have every word or letter spoken as you enter it. Together with keyboard shortcuts, predictive text and your custom phrases, this app will allow you to communicate with ease.
• Support for English (US, AU, UK), Chinese (CN, HK, TW), Dutch (BE, NL), French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (BR, PT) & Spanish (MX, ES).
• NEW Send Speech to an Active Call on the iPhone and use for FaceTime calls on iPhone & iPad (Yes, use for phone calls!)
• NEW Visual Representation Showing the Text as it is Spoken. The text is highlighted as it is spoken which is useful when on a phone call and for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
• No active internet connection needed.
• Ad Free
• Multiple Voices, including the Alex voice
• Enhanced Quality Voices***.
• Support for Dynamic Type****
• Siri Shortcuts Support
• Auto Speech Function (Optional) – Every word is spoken as you enter it.
• Semi-Auto Speech Function – Use the keyboard return key to speak the text you typed.
• Punctuation Aware – Use Commas, Question Marks, Exclamation Points
• Undo Feature – Unintentional taps of the clear button are easily remedied.
• Slider to adjust the speech rate.
• Pause Button to stop speaking as needed.
• Quick Access Customizable Buttons (swipe up)
• Long press any custom button to set a descriptive title, custom phrase, and set the desired voice.
• Easily create a separate database of pre set phrases or sentence fragments that can be sent to the main window.
• Quick access to your archive. (swipe left)
• Portrait and Landscape Orientations
• Large buttons for easy use.
Please rate the app in the App Store. Go to MobileTouchTech.com for assistance and feature requests. Be careful to properly enter your email when using the Contact page as that will be my only way to reply. Or email me directly at [email protected]
*** To use the enhanced quality voices, on your iOS device, open the Settings app, go to Accessibility > Spoken Content > Voices > and tap to download the enhanced version of the desired voice. If your chosen voice has both an enhanced and premium option, download the premium option as that will be used.
**** Dynamic Type: Open the Settings app. Go to Display & Brightness > Text Size and adjust the text to your preferred size. If you want even larger sized text, go to General > Accessibility > Large Text and turn that to On.
This update is a maintenance release amending the app description. Make phone calls from your iPhone and also FaceTime audio and video calls from both the iPhone and iPad.
If you ever need assistance with the app or have a request, please contact me through the Contact page at MobileTouchTech.com or email me directly at [email protected] I always reply to every email. If you don’t see a reply, please check your spam folder and make sure you type correctly your email address in the contact form at the web site.
I love to see those five star ratings. If you enjoy using the app, please take a moment and rate it.