Nova Tuner was written by professional fortepianist and harpsichordist, Thomas Foster.
– Sound Mode (reference pitch) and Auto Mode (detect pitch)
– Clean and simple interface
– About 30 built-in temperaments (see www.thomasfoster.org/novatuner for full list)
– Add/Create new temperaments.
– Duplicate and edit built-in temperaments
– Create profiles to quickly set pitch and temperament for frequently used settings.
– A4 pitch detector to quickly determine an instrument’s pitch level.
– Quick selection of common pitch levels: 392, 415, 430, and 440 Hz (these are customizable).
– Four waveforms for audible note: Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, Sine.
– No data is collected, no internet connection is required.
– All tuner information (pitch level, temperament, etc) clearly visible on main screen.
– Standard, simple iOS appearance and controls.
– Large and intuitive adjustment buttons (no fussy scroll wheels).
– Light and dark mode.
– Supports portrait and landscape orientations.
– Note names in English, German, and Neo-Latin (do, re, mi)
– Temperaments can be transposed
– Add, duplicate and edit temperaments
– Favorite frequently used temperaments
– Filter by favorited and custom
– Search entire list of temperaments by name or information (creator, type, year, etc.)
– Hide unwanted temperaments so they don’t appear in the list or search
Transposition range: -11 to +11 semitones
Detection range: A0 to C8
Reference tone: C2 to B7
Tuning modes: Sound, Auto, Auto with Sound Back
Calibration range: A4=300-500 Hz, 0.1 Hz increments