Rekt also automatically redirects AMP links to their correct source website.
Rekt has been built with a privacy first approach.
– All the blocking happens on your device with literally ZERO data being recorded or sent back to be data mined.
– Rekt doesn’t keep usage data like the count of how many popups and banners it has blocked or links it has redirected.
– Rekt doesn’t even come with basic app analytics or telemetry to keep track of how many times you’ve opened or use the app.
– It does check whether you have dark mode on or not so it can show you the correct tutorial video. (I hate opening a bright video on dark mode as much as you.)
If you’re a security researcher, feel free to reach out to me for a license to make sure the app isn’t up to anything funky.
DECLUTTER THE “MODERN” WEB
Currently, it de-clutters and removes most “omfg please use our app” banners and buttons as well as the annoying login popups from:
As added bonuses;
– Rekt nukes those infernal AMP links from Google by transparently redirecting you to the correct, canonical link.
– Prevent Quora from asking you to login to just look at an answer.
Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Imgur, Quora, or Reddit, everyone wants me, and by extension you, to use their damned apps to consume content.
Harder for us to block ads and much easier for them to scoop up your data, right? To further that agenda, simply browsing their sites on Safari now means we’re inundated with, well, waves of crap.
Whether it’s a modal covering half the screen with links to the App Store, an immediate popup asking you to login, or a header screaming “the app is 10x better”; it has to go. All of it.