Play is the best way to bookmark and organize videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Apple Music, Twitter, and more to watch later.
Add videos via the Share Sheet, dragging and dropping them into the app or importing them from a playlist. Organize them with tags, add notes, assign a star rating, and more. iCloud sync keeps your database up-to-date on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. Start watching with one tap from the app or from the Home Screen with some of Play’s customizable widgets.
– Use the Share Sheet throughout the system to add your videos.
– You can also drag and drop multiple ones into the app.
– Import from a playlist or a list of URLs to quickly get started.
– Use the Add Video action in the Shortcuts app to integrate Play into your automated workflows.
ORGANIZE YOUR COLLECTION
– Create and assign tags to videos.
– Use Auto-Tagging to tag videos automatically based on the rules you set.
– Deep Search allows searching your videos by multiple criteria.
– Create a Smart Search to automatically filter videos based on a set of rules.
– Use Focus Filter with Focus to limit the videos and tags shown in the app.
– Perform bulk actions and organize multiple videos at once.
– All Play features and data are available through the Shortcuts app, so you can create custom shortcuts and automate your workflow.
– iCloud automatically syncs your database to your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
– Easily access your bookmarked videos from the Home Screen with customizable Widgets.
– Tap a thumbnail to watch the video on YouTube, Vimeo, Apple Music, Twitter, or a web browser.
– You can also watch YouTube videos using Invidious or Piped.
– Customize the widget’s sort order, filtering options, and tags to see a specific set of videos.
– Change the widget color to better match your Home Screen.
– Easily search through your collection in the main app, and choose between list or grid view.
Play is a modern app with support for the latest system features such as Home and Lock Screen widgets, Shortcuts actions, Focus Filter, Action Extension, Context Menu, iCloud sync, and dark mode.
Play is also available on the Mac and Apple TV as a universal app. So you can enjoy it across iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS with a single purchase.
• On the iPad, video description and notes are now visible in a popover component.
• Added a shortcut to add/remove tags by long pressing the Tags button in the video details view.
• Added a “Done” button to dismiss the keyboard on text fields.
• Adding Auto-Tagging conditions now uses a smaller, medium-height modal view.