The only metronome that gives you complete control over how subdivisions are played — add subdivisions of any type (including custom subdivisions like 5/7) and have them played all the time, at random intervals, or in a sequenced pattern.
Now available across platforms for both iOS and macOS — the most powerful metronome, available for all of your devices.
– Choose from 40 different samples for each subdivision
– Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
– Include built-in preset patterns such as claves or ride cymbal patterns
– Choose any number of beats per measure (with any denominator) you like or practice mixed meters such as 4/4 + 3/8 + 5/4 where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
– Use any type of subdivision. Common types like quarter notes, sixteenth notes, eighth triplets, etc, or create your own. 5/7, 23/4, no problem!
– Take a rhythm and use the “offset” feature to move it to different parts of the measure to practice with.
– Set the metronome to speed up or slow down by a given amount after a set number of measures
– Have Metronomics start with a count off
– Set the metronome to run for a certain amount of time
– Share saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
– Track your metronome usage. App shows how much you’ve practiced with it each day and total (optionally turn off time tracking)
– Train yourself with “independence” mode where you can set some bars to be inaudible — keep the time going yourself until the click starts again
– Variable swing feel — choose how much each subdivision swings
– Speech sounds for counting up to 10 that can be assigned to any subdivision (English language only)
– Play in the background
– Normalized sounds for good volume
– Manual (plus videos) describing how to use all the features and hints about how they might be useful
Pro subscription features:
– Wheel view that allows you to visualize the passage of subdivisions with geometric shapes
– Grid view that lets you easily sequence patterns on a grid much like a drum machine, but with the more-powerful features of Metronomics
– Inspector mode — graph your own playing with microphone or MIDI input and see how you line up with the metronome
– iCloud sync — sync your saved metronomes via iCloud drive
– MIDI output — set subdivisions to send MIDI data to outside MIDI synths or use an on-board synthesizer
Within Metronomics, there is an option to upgrade to Metronomics Pro, which is an auto-renewing yearly subscription service. It enables the following features:
– Service: Metronomics Pro
– Time period: one year, auto-renewing subscription
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Export audio from Inspector Mode (with a pro subscription)
As the window size increases, more controls are shown in the top row
New usage widgets
Choose colors for your subdivisions
With a pro subscription:
– Improved inspector view
– new grid view (think drum machine…)
– new wheel view
Now available as a universal iOS/macOS app
If you encounter issues, please contact [email protected] and you’ll get a response ASAP!