Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing. Soundfiles can be opened from anywhere, including USB drives on iOS 13.
Route and filter MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix. Combine and filter MIDI endpoints using MIDI buses.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
“A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended” – MusicAppBlog
“Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use” – DubSpot
“Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio” – AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing, effect sends, signal splitting
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports built-in speaker and mic, including stereo mic on devices that has it.
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Supports Audio Unit multiple output and input busses (for side-chaining etc)
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link, with Start/Stop support
• Slave external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all your soundfiles
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Optional manual compensation using TimeOffset
• Multiple Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
• MIDI filtering for any MIDI destination
• Combine MIDI sources or destinations using MIDI buses
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side – Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
– Add ‘Open Default’ button at launch screen, opens project or folder named ‘Default’.
– Add keyboard shortcuts (Hold CMD key to see them).
– Tap again to confirm Remove Channel, Overwrite Session, and Clear Session.
– Auto-save current state before loading or clearing a session. Tap ‘Restore Previous State’ in File menu to restore.
– Add ‘Restore last removed channel’ item in channel import view.
– Ask before loading session from file URL.
– Show progress popup when saving, loading, clearing session.
– If AUv3 fx node has both main-param knob and is a MIDI destination, show the knob instead of the MIDI menu button.
– FilePlayer: add MIDI ctrl param button in title bar.
– Long-press session file, ‘Copy URL’ copies universal link that opens the session.
– Allow URLs in session notes. Can be long-pressed while not editing.
– Scroll to start after loading session.
– Improve grouping of node collections in node slot picker view.
– Transport drag: improved user interaction.
– Update help.
– Help: add button to open help in external web browser.
– Help: put table of contents in side bar if width allows.
– Help: remember scroll position.
– Tweak plugin window maximized size.
– Plugin title bar is now thinner.
– Double-tap background again to re-show previously hidden plugins.
– Add MIDI Filtering for note on/off, poly aftertouch, channel aftertouch, pitchbend, program change, sys real-time, sys common, sysex, and any specific CC.
– New MIDI Bus node! Merge sources and/or destinations, with filtering and MIDI-controlled ‘pass-through’ toggle.
– All MIDI destinations now have filters.
– Added MIDI activity indicator to all nodes with MIDI outputs.
– Add MIDI actions for metronome on/off, prev/next bar, and ‘hide all plugins’.
– Also track Sustain (cc64) and Sostenuto (cc66) for all-notes off.
– MIDI Sources view: group by owning node/device/kMIDIPropertyModel.
– Transpose MIDI filter: add octave up/down button.
– MIDI Ctrl range mapping: show actual value instead of percentage.
– MIDI param button with control-finder now also for most built-in nodes such as filters/EQs/pan/gain.
– Channel import: Also restore MIDI connections to/from external sources.
– Add sync offset setting (ms) in Clock Options.
– New Time Offset node for manual latency compensation etc.
– Allow custom name and color for mix buses.
– Add Engine setting for input device / mic source / polar pattern selection, including support for built-in stereo mic!
– Add output route button in Engine settings (AirPlay etc).
– Don’t stop other start/stop synced Link peers when clearing or loading session.
– Long-press play/pause button to start/stop transport without affecting synced Link peers.
– Also support ‘_size:’ special tag instead of ‘size:’ (easier for hosts to ignore)
– Allow up to 16 beats per bar time signature.
– AUv3: set contextPresentationLatency on input busses.
– Don’t change latency compensation when bypassing latency-introducing node.
– Warn if latency compensation reaches maximum limit.
– FilePlayer: add missing Bypass MIDI control.
– Trim whitespace from filename when saving.
– Session picker: fix restore of name/date sort mode in all cases.
– Fix MIDI Control range button layout in some popovers.
– AUv3: call selectViewConfiguration also on first display.
– Fix kbd settings popup on iphone.
– AUv3 multi-out: extra outputs report same latency as main instance.
– Node picker: Improve/fix IAA multi-port grouping and sort on last time used. (NOTE: only IAA nodes that has been used at least once will be grouped.)
– Fix metronome accuracy if changing tempo and there is latency compensation.
– Bring back AUv3 show-view-hidden-on-load hackaround for iOS RAM allocation bug (still present in iOS 15).
– Avoid crash if plugins take too long to save when AUM goes to background.
– Auv3: allow multiple preset load actions for the same preset.
– Don’t auto-set MIDI ctrl channel for channel strip 17 and onwards.