• Healthline.com: Best Allergy Apps of the Year 2020
• Focus Money 2018, 2019 and 2020: “Top App” in the health category
• MeinAllergiePortal – Digital Health Heroes Award 2018 and 2021
The app Food Intolerances helps you if you have to stick to a restricted diet after being diagnosed with food intolerances, sensitivities or allergies. It offers you an extensive food list with more than 1000 foods, tables with the most important data and detailed comments for assessing the tolerance.
Food Intolerances can, for example, be used for histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, a diet low in FODMAP for IBS, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, lactose intolerance, salicylate intolerance or gluten sensitivity.
Our app has been reviewed by the medical jury of MeinAllergiePortal and was awarded the Digital Health Heroes Award twice*.
THE BEST APP FOR YOUR NEEDS
• Configure the app to fit your specific needs
• Use the recipe calculator to check your favorite meals and optimize them individually
• Add your own notes and manually adjust ratings where necessary
• Change the portion size and check your tolerance of different amounts
• Mark your favorites for quick access
• Filter and sort all entries very flexibly
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total) as a profile to avoid all potentially problematic carbohydrates
HISTAMINE AND TYRAMINE INTOLERANCE
• Content of the biogenic amines histamine and tyramine
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
SALICYLATE OR ASPIRIN INTOLERANCE
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
OTHER INTOLERANCES AND ALLERGIES
Profiles for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef, honey, treenuts and nightshades
• Detailed articles about food intolerances
• Free blog with interesting articles
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
• Supports Dark Mode
NUTRITION FACTS & FURTHER ALLERGENS (IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Nickel allergy and nickel content
• Benzoic acid and benzoates
• Balsam of Peru allergy
• Assessment based on total sugar content
• General nutrition facts (e.g. calories, protein, salt, fat, …)
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, …)
• Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (folic acid), B12, C, D, E and K
• Recommended daily intake
• Omega-6/Omega-3 ratio, glycemic index and glycemic load
• Alcohol content
• Sort foods by nutrition values
At Baliza, we have been developing nutritional apps that provide tailored nutritional recommendations to people with special dietary needs since 2011. Our award-winning apps are helpful guides that combine carefully researched information from scientific sources with all the capabilities offered by modern smartphones. You get all of our apps as a fair one-time purchase without a subscription.
** This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but common foods and basic food categories. It provides you with all the information needed to deal with your intolerance and to avoid common mistakes.
• We fixed an error that kept the sorting function from properley working in some special cases
• The sensitivities setup was restructured into new categories.
• We reviewed the glucose data.
• The categories “Additives” and “Medicines” are no longer hidden when using the filter function.
• We updated the information in the database and corrected some minor issues.
• There are numerous additional detail improvements.
In-app: Nutrition and additonal allergens
• There are three new profiles: benzoic acid and benzoates, balsam of Peru, and total sugar content.
• We filled some data gaps in our database, especially for copper and various vitamins.
• You can now see a baseline nutrient content in your recipes (marked in grey), when nutritional values of individual ingredients are unknown.
We really hope that you like the new version! By the way, if you want to support us, we would be very happy about a review in the App Store!