• Healthline.com: Best Allergy Apps of the Year 2020
• Focus Money 2019: “Best App” in the health category
• MeinAllergiePortal – Digital Health Heroes Award 2021
The app Food Intolerances helps you if you have to stick to a restricted diet after being diagnosed with food intolerances, sensitivities or allergies. It offers you an extensive food list with more than 1000 foods, tables with the most important data and detailed comments for assessing the tolerance.
The most important applications are histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, a low FODMAP diet for IBS, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, lactose intolerance, salicylate intolerance or gluten sensitivity.
Our app has been reviewed by the medical jury of MeinAllergiePortal and was awarded the Digital Health Heroes Award twice.
■ The best app for your needs
• Configure the app to fit your specific needs
• Check your favorite meals with the recipe calculator
• Add your own notes and manually adjust ratings where necessary
• Change the portion size and assess your tolerance of different amounts
• Mark your favorites for quick access
• Filter and sort by your specific criteria
■ Low FODMAP diet and IBS
• Fructose intolerance
• Lactose intolerance
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• Total FODMAP content
■ Histamine and tyramine intolerance
• Content of histamine, tyramine and other biogenic amines
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines and food additives
■ More intolerances and allergies
• Salicylate or Aspirin intolerance
• Benzoic acid and benzoates
• Balsam of Peru allergy
• Nickel allergy and nickel content
• Additional profiles for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef, honey, treenuts and nightshades
► Free version
• Basic information for 8 out of 14 intolerances
• Access to our food database with more than 1000 entries
• Detailed articles about food intolerances
• Shopping list
• Creation of three recipes
• Personal notes, ratings and favorites
• Free blog with interesting articles*
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• Supports Dark Mode
• No internet connection required
• Partial localization for Dutch, French and Spanish
► PRO version (in-app purchase)
• Access to all information and data
• Filter and sorting function
• Recipe nutrition calculator
• Access to all 14 sensitivities and additional 13 allergens
• Adjustable portion sizes
• Assessment of the total sugar content
• One time purchase, no subscription
► Nutritional values (in-app purchase)
With an additional in-app users of the PRO version can unlock 45 nutritional values.
• General nutrition facts
• Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (folic acid), B12, C, D, E and K
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, …)
• Recommended daily intake
• Omega-6/Omega-3 ratio, glycemic index and glycemic load
• Alcohol content
• Calculation of nutritional values of your recipes
■ About us
At Baliza, we have been developing nutritional apps that provide tailored nutritional recommendations to people with special dietary needs since 2011. Our award-winning apps are helpful guides that combine carefully researched information from scientific sources with all the capabilities offered by modern smartphones. You get all of our apps as a fair one-time purchase without a subscription.
• There are several design improvements, e.g. the portion size is now highlighted in color.
• We tweaked the dark mode.
• There are numerous additional detail improvements.
Nutritional values (in-app)
• The setup for nutritional values has a new and improved design.
We really hope that you like the new version! By the way, if you want to support us, we would be very happy about a review in the App Store!