With PlayTally you are no longer limited to yearly Replay recap; choose your own dates and see your top songs for any time period. And PlayTally lists are generated in real-time, so there’s no more waiting for weekly updates. Plus, you can easily mark tracks like white noise and sleep sounds to keep them out of your Trends list.
TRACK YOUR HISTORY
Sync PlayTally data across multiple devices through iCloud. Track additional Apple Music devices by syncing them together with iCloud Music Library. Go back in time to see what you were listening to on a given day, and create playlists from your history.
Earn badges as your listen more and grow your music collection. It’s like Activity awards for your ears!
SEE YOUR STATS
Easily browse large libraries by sorting based on your listening habits. Get insights into your music collection with advanced statistics and charts of your listening habits over time. Share your most impressive stats with your friends and followers.
Works with your Apple Music automatically. No extra accounts, signups or subscriptions required.
Your data never leaves your device and/or iCloud storage and can be deleted at any time. PlayTally uses no third party analytics services and is completely ad-free. If you wish, you can also export and backup your data in CSV format.
TIPS FOR BEST PERFORMANCE
PlayTally is fastest and most accurate when it scans the users music library regularly. Creating an automated Shortcut to open PlayTally daily or weekly is a GREAT way to ensure data does not backlog.
NOTE: Because PlayTally tracks its own data, it cannot reconstruct playback history from before it was installed.
There have been some reviews and reports from users of the app “stopping working (entirely)”. I think the issue here is actually that PlayTally is working TOO hard! If a very large backlog of playback activity builds up, it can take some time for it all to be processed. This happens in the background, and in previous builds could appear as inactivity, or simply “not working”.
SO WHAT CAN YOU DO, MIKE?
– This update brings improvements to visualizing this work process, so it’s more clear to the user that the app is indeed doing work.
– Improvements to prevent disruptions to the syncing process.
– Improvements to the Import/Export functionality. Note: this includes some formatting updates (to support stricter iOS 16 updates), so users may find old archives do not import cleanly.
WHAT CAN THE USER DO, MIKE?
– PlayTally is fastest and most accurate when it scans the users music library regularly.
– Creating an automated Shortcut to open PlayTally daily or weekly is a GREAT way to ensure data does not backlog. I STRONGLY recommend users implement this.
– Keeping Background Sync enabled allows more frequent scans without disrupting your flow.