Professionals will like how quick and easy it is to get depth of field calculations.
Semi-pro photographers will enjoy configuring “what-if?” scenarios for various lenses.
Photography beginners will find it to be a great learning tool by exploring the interplay of aperture, focal length, and focal distance in real time.
Lens•Lab is more than a great depth of field calculator, it’s a lens simulator that can help you explore, see, and intuitively understand how depth of field works with your camera and lenses.
Advanced visual depiction of depth of field with real-time controls:
• The background scales from 10 centimeters to 100 meters interactively
• Out-of-focus areas are represented as blurred in real-time
• Distance labels, angle of view, and other information updates as you touch
Easily control aperture, focal length, and focal distance with sliders or touch:
• Aperture (from ƒ/0.95 to ƒ/64 in continuous increments)
• Focal Length (configurable from 1mm to “very large number”)
• Focal Distance (from 10cm to 100m)
Information overlays are independently configurable:
• Hyperfocal Distance
• Far Depth of Field
• Focal Distance
• Near Depth of Field
• Total Depth of Field
• Vertical Angle of View
• Distance Scale
• Simulated Blur
Sensor size is configurable for:
• Full Frame (35mm)
• APS-H (1.3x crop factor)
• DX (1.5x crop factor)
• APS-C (1.6x crop factor)
• Four Thirds (2.0x crop factor)
Additionally, there are controls for distance units (metric or imperial) and display of Full Frame Equivalent focal length (for cameras with sensors smaller than full frame.)
Included is a usage guide that explains all features of the application as well as depth of field in photography.
Lens•Lab works with all iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad models running iOS 8 or newer.
• Fix for crash on plus devices