* Universal iOS app with UIs included for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch, so you can use it on all your supported devices! * Also Supports Family Share *
Different states of mind are associated with specific brainwave frequencies that would be inaudible if played directly. These frequencies can be induced in the brain indirectly by playing two different audible tones into each ear, which after being processed by the brain, are perceived as an inaudible beat matching the target brainwave frequency. As you listen, your own brainwaves fall into step with this inaudible beat, and after a few minutes synchronize with the target brainwave frequency. Brain Wave’s 35 programs layer these binaural sequences into multi-stage sessions to help users focus and concentrate, feel positive and motivated, and sleep more soundly.
– To use Brain Wave with Spotify or an Audio Book Reader start the other app first and then ours. To listen with a podcast, start Brain Wave first.
– Program duration is fully adjustable. If the program has multiple Binaural Stages the individual stages will be lengthened or shortened accordingly.
– Programs use composite Binaural Tones that stimulate multiple brainwave frequencies to create combination experiences, such as Problem Solving, Power Nap, Pre-Exercise Energy, Dreamy Sleep, and Positive Mood Boost.
– Each program goes through a progression of binaural beats, each for a specific period of time sufficient to synchronize your brainwaves with the binaural tones.
*** Features ***
– 35 Advanced Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs to use throughout the day.
– Multiple program durations (10 min, 20 min, 30 min, 40 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours). You can also set your own custom duration.
– Use the included Ambience or create a playlist of your own iTunes Music to use with each program. Your brain will process the binaural frequencies played over these background sounds. Binaural Tones are more effective with background audio than alone.
– Save preferred settings, including background audio, iTunes playlist, Alarm settings, and volume for each Brainwave Program.
– Choose from one of the 10 gentle alarm sounds, or select your own iTunes Music track.
** 35 Included Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs **
– Morning Coffee
– Espresso Shot
– Morning Meditation
– Focused and Alert
– Critical Thinking
– Memory Boost
– Problem Solving
– Confidence Boost
– Pre-Exercise Energy
– Creativity Boost
– Positive Mood Boost
– Motivation Boost
– Stress Reduction
– Anger Relief
– Calm Reflection
– Reduce Anxiety
– Deep Relaxation
– Lucid Dreaming
– Dreamy Sleep
– Power Nap
– Deep Sleep
– Deep Sleep with Wake-up Stage
– Dreamy Sleep with Wake-up Stage
– Headache Relief
– Hangover Relief
– Yoga Meditation
– Alpha Relaxation
– Theta Meditation
– Gamma Power Nap
– Night Meditation
– Night Reading
** Included Backgrounds **
– Beach Surf
– Ocean Waves
– Ocean Waves 2
– Rain and Thunder
– Atmospheres: Serenity
– Atmospheres: Awakening
– Atmospheres: Space
– Atmospheres: Drifting
– Atmospheres: Peace
– Atmospheres: Floating
– Atmospheres: Soaring
– Medium Rain
– Light Rain
– Flowing Creek
– Pink Noise
* Binaural Brainwave entrainment should not be used while driving or operating machinery.
* Many people have asked which binaural program in the app best stimulates 40 Hz Gamma brainwaves. The “Focused and Alert” program in ‘Brain Wave™ 35 Binaural Programs’ stimulates 40 Hz gamma waves.
* Combine Advanced Multi-stage Binaural Programs with 5 Background Audio Modes: Ambience, Other App, Ambience + Other App, iTunes, iTunes + Ambience
* Includes UI for iPhone & iPad
* Supports Family Share
* Combine Brainwaves with Ambience and Another App by selecting background mode ‘Ambience + Other App’ * To use Another App for the Background Audio choose ‘Other App’.
* Added the ability to play and pause audio using Lock Screen and Remote Controls only when using Brainwaves with the included Ambience.
* When using background modes that allow other audio apps or iTunes Music to be playing Lockscreen controls will only affect iTunes or the other app.
* If the audio stops when the app is backgrounded or the screen locks please restart the device with a full shutdown as this is the result of low RAM memory which causes iOS to suspend background audio.
* How it Works *
During the entrainment process, two different carrier tones are played into the left and right ears. The frequency difference between these tones matches the brainwave frequency of the target state of mind. The listener will hear these carrier tones as an audible tone, however, when processing these two different tones the human brain will perceive the small frequency difference between the tones as an inaudible periodic beat. When exposed to this beat the listener’s brainwaves will begin to synchronize with the beat frequency. What allows the human brain to perceive this beat is our directional hearing system, located in the brain stem. The brain’s directional hearing system calculates frequency shifts between sound entering the left and right ear to quickly locate the direction of a sound, but when that difference is rhythmic, as with binaural tones, the brain synchronizes with the pattern. This process is more effective in the presence of background noise or ambience, which allows humans to hear and locate even subtle sounds, like an animal moving nearby in a forest that is filled with noise.
As an example, the human ear can’t directly perceive the .5 – 2 Hz Delta-wave frequencies associated with deep sleep because it is well below the human hearing range, but if you wear headphones or earbuds with one side playing a 135 Hz tone and the other playing a 136 Hz tone your brain will perceive the 1 Hz difference between those frequencies as a periodic beat, in this case matching a low delta wave frequency associated with sleep. As you listen, your own brainwaves will begin to match that frequency.
* Brainwave Frequencies *
Gamma waves (30-44 Hz):
Associated with high-level information processing, multi-tasking, and high energy.
High-Beta waves (18-29 Hz):
Associated with mental activities such as math, planning, and design.
Mid-Beta waves (15-17 Hz):
Increased problem-solving ability, focus, and alertness.
Low-Beta waves (12-14 Hz):
Relaxed, yet still mentally sharp
High-Alpha waves (10-11 Hz):
Relaxed, centered, tranquil
Low-Alpha waves (8-9 Hz):
Relaxed, meditative and aware
Theta waves (4-7 Hz):
Associated with deep meditation, creativity, intuition, and dream-like states.
Delta waves (.5-3 Hz):
Deep, slow-wave sleep. Slow-wave sleep allows the brain to recover from daily activities and is important for hormonal regulation, growth, physical renewal, and memory.
Warning: Do not use BrainWave while driving or operating machinery.
Note: If your vehicle Auto-Plays connected devices use the Ambience+Other background mode to prevent Lockscreen access.