Reeflex now offers a set of professional tools for monitoring your manual focus and exposure settings. Use the zebra stripes for identifying over or underexposed regions of your scene. Monitor the live histogram (available in both luma and RGB) to check the overall exposure of your image. Take advantage of the focus peaking feature for nailing manual focus settings over your subject. All these features are easily accessible in the UI allowing you to efficiently turn them on/off.
For a more assisted mode, Reeflex now supports independent control over auto exposure and focus. Just tap the screen with two fingers and move the reticles across the scene to adjust your exposure and focus. Long pressing the reticles will also allow you to lock your settings in place.
Reeflex also allows shooting in HEIF or RAW on all iPhone models. For iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, you can also shoot in the recently released ProRAW format.
Only a few days after its launch, Reeflex app was listed as “Must Have APPS – You Never Heard About!” by the highly popular iReviews YouTube channel. Check out the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2PjNFbIjM
— MAIN FEATURES —
• Manual and automatic mode.
• Manual focus control – for more flexibility over your focus settings.
• Manual White Balance (Color Temperature) – get the most natural colors in your photos.
• Independent ISO and shutter speed control – tackle challenging light conditions.
• Luma and RGB zebra stripes – identify the over and under-exposed regions of your image.
• Live RGB and luma histogram – monitor the luminosity of your scene
• Advanced focus peaking – nail the focus in your photos in every situation.
• Focus and exposure reticles – adjust AF/AE by moving the reticles across the screen
• Support for multiple cameras
• Apple’s ProRAW or RAW support* – greater flexibility in photo editing
• JPEG, HEIF or TIFF – chose your processed format for efficiency, compatibility or maximum image quality.
• Save GPS metadata – store the location where the photo was captured
• Set of gridlines (thirds, golden ratio, square) – for stunning photo compositions.
• Gyroscopic tiltmeter – get perfectly straight photos in any situation.
— ADDITIONAL FEATURES —
• Extended digital zoom up to 10x.
• Fill-Light (Torch).
• Automatic or manual flash control.
• Integrated camera roll.
• Customization of focus peaking color
• Tutorials, tips, and detailed explanations in the settings section.
— WHAT’S COMING NEXT —
We are working hard to include more advanced pro features such as:
• Slow shutter mode
• Motion blur
• Light trails and night mode
— REMARKS —
*ProRAW is only supported on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 pro max. On other devices, when RAW mode is selected, photos will be saved in the Bayer RAW format. RAW mode requires an iPhone 6s or later.
**RAW format is only supported on some cameras (wide-angle and telephoto).
Stay tuned for new app releases!
We’d love to hear from you and get your feedback. If you have any ideas on new features or improvements, please email us at [email protected]
With this update, Reeflex allows more customization over your capture experience. Thanks to a totally redesigned settings dashboard, it is now possible to select different formats, change the appearance of the exposure/focus guides and save the location where the photo was capture.
In detail, this update includes:
– RAW only or RAW + JPEG option. Chose if embedding a JPEG file together with the DNG, for both RAW or ProRAW capture
– JPEG, HEIF, or TIFF as the processed file format
– LUMA or RGB zebras. For the RGB option, the zebra pattern shows clipping for each color channel*
– Different colors for the focus peaking highlight
– Option to save the location as the photo’s metadata
*The RGB zebra is an experimental feature and will be improved in the future.