Many web sites disable user interface features in Safari that you normally expect to work. StopTheMadness ensures that those features continue to work for you in Safari:
• opening contextual menus
• selecting, copying, cutting, and pasting of text
• drag and drop
• AutoFill/autocomplete of passwords, emails, etc.
With StopTheMadness enabled, the annoying web sites that deliberately make your life harder suddenly become easy to use again!
StopTheMadness also protects your privacy on the web:
• Stops Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)! Automatically loads the original “canonical” web site page instead of Google AMP.
• Stops hyperlink auditing (anchor “ping”).
• Stops tracking beacons (Navigator.sendBeacon).
• Stops clickjacking in Google Search results.
• Stops clickjacking in Gmail.
• Stops clickjacking in Facebook.
• Stops sites from using the Page Visibility API to know when a tab is visible on your screen.
• Removes tracking parameters such as utm_source, gclid, and fbclid from the end of link URLs when clicked in Safari.
• Stops URL shorteners. Checks the links you click in Safari for well-known link shorteners — bit.ly, tinyurl.com, l.facebook.com, t.co, etc. — and loads the unshortened destination URL instead of the shortened URL. This occurs without setting any cookies or other site data, so you can’t be tracked by your click.
• Stop videos from autoplaying on all web sites.
• Show native video controls. Easily enter Picture-in-Picture from Safari on all web sites!
• Force links to open in the current tab instead of a new tab. Remove target=”_blank” from links so that they no longer automatically create a new tab.
• Warns when you paste or type beyond the maximum length in a password field or other text field.
• Stops “Are you sure you want to leave this page?” alerts. Close your tabs without getting stopped by the site!
• Force images to the front. Bypass the transparent overlay on sites that prevents you from dragging and opening the contextual menu on images.
StopTheMadness is made by indie developer Jeff Johnson. If you need support, please email me at [email protected] or read the support site at https://underpassapp.com/StopTheMadness/support.html