This way, you can collect items in a central place without having to constantly move back and forth between your source- and destination applications.
The app accepts virtually any file type, for example app-content like images from websites, text snippets, web urls, eMails and documents – no matter if you drag, copy, share or download them.
Here’s what users say about Yoink:
“The best shelf app on iOS” – Igloouk, UK App Store
“Most useful app in the iOS store. What a gem.” – noway170, Austrian App Store
“A godsend. Get this. Now.” – mr chairboy, US App Store
As a Slide-Over or Side-by-Side app on iPad, Yoink is always ready for you to drag something to it, no matter what app you’re in. Just slide Yoink into view and conclude your drag operation.
On iPhone, use Yoink’s Share extension, or copy-paste items into Yoink.
Items are stored in Yoink for later use, featuring rich previews for easy identification and full previews for most file types.
Drags containing multiple items are combined into a Stack.
Yoink comes with deep system integration:
– iCloud Sync
Synchronize Yoink’s items across your devices using iCloud
Transfer files between iPhones, iPads and Macs (separate Mac Yoink app required) using Handoff
– Action/Share Extension
Almost any item you can share via the system-wide Share sheet, you can send directly to Yoink from there
Yoink has its own keyboard so that inserting items you’ve stored in Yoink is easy and quick, without having to launch Yoink.
– Spotlight Integration
Any item in Yoink can be found via Spotlight – and the search-results are draggable.
– Today Widget
Access Yoink’s items and save the contents from your clipboard in Yoink from Notification Center
– Shortcuts / Siri Suggestions
Yoink offers you Siri Shortcuts and Suggestions so you can automate processes, like adding items from the clipboard to Yoink, or copying items from Yoink, as well as starting downloads in Yoink.
– Files Integration
Access Yoink’s files from any app that supports iOS 11’s document browser
Here’s what the press says about Yoink:
“Yoink is the shelf app Apple should have made.” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
“Yoink is a must-have app” – Jeff Benjamin; 9to5mac.com
“Indispensable for power users.” – Craig Grannell; techradar.com
– The Clipboard Monitor introduced in v2.3.5 has been improved. With it enabled, Yoink stores anything you copy in other apps, even if the Yoink is in the background.
Now you can quickly pause and restart the monitoring via Picture-in-Picture’s Play/Pause button.
You can also restrict which data type the monitor should be exclusively looking for (any, texts, URLs and images).
– Improved compatibility with GarageBand
– Improves the display of Map-Locations in Picture-in-Picture
– Fixes a memory leak
– Fixes a crash that could occur when dragging out a file representation from the Info-Popover from within a Stack
– Fixes two other, rarer crashes
Version 2.4 also includes the following new features and improvements from version 2.3:
– [iOS 15] Play not only movies in Picture-in-Picture, but also texts, images, PDFs and even websites (scroll through PDFs, websites and more with the play/pause button, advance to the next file using the skip buttons)
– [iOS 15] Reference Yoink’s files in Quick Notes: Select files in Yoink and start a Quick Note
– [iOS 15] On iPad, Band selection with our mouse or trackpad is now supported to select files even quicker
– [iOS 15] On iPhone, you can now drag and drop files between Yoink and other apps, and you can drag files from Yoink’s keyboard into the text area
– [iOS 15] The info panel has been redesigned in certain cases
– Audio will now continue playing if the app is moved into the background
– The info panel is now more useful for Stacks and will show you all the contained files for quick access
– Yoink now appears in “Open In” dialogs
Smaller improvements and bug fixes:
– Yoink now requires iOS 14 or newer
– Improved compatibility with Firefox, Brave, Edge and Opera
– Improved sync reliability
– Performance improvements for loading website- and eMail preview-icons
– eMail preview icons and previews now render more nicely and accurately
– Yoink no longer loads images for preview-icons of eMails to ensure your privacy
– Fixed Yoink’s Splash Screen
– Fixed a crash when attempting to print
– Fixed a crash that could occur when sharing locations from Maps to Yoink
– Fixed a crash that occurred when tapping the “More” button of a Stack while files were still loading
– Fixed wrong text in Yoink’s Settings in Settings.app
– Fixed a bug where on some iOS devices the space bar of Yoink’s keyboard was missing
– Fixed a bug where rarely, after handing off a file, the receiving device would lose the file
– Fixed a crash when checking a URL’s scheme
– Fixed a rare crash when using Quick Look for creating previews
– Fixed a rare crash that could occur when invoking the Get Items Siri Shortcut
If you enjoy Yoink, please consider leaving a rating or a review on the App Stores – it would help me out a lot!
If you’d like to learn more about me, my apps and their development, I’d like to invite you to follow me on my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at), on twitter (@eternalstorms), instagram (@eternalstorms) or Facebook (https://facebook.com/eternalstorms). I’m looking forward to connecting with you!