The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. It is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages (Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites).
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected. Supports many third-party Password Manager Apps as well.
There’s a built-in fully customizable filter feature. It allows to block resources, ads, banners, user tracking scripts, cookies etc. Supports AdBlock Plus/EasyList filters as well.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
In this mode, you can have two browsers side by side on the iPad. This is especially useful on the large iPad Pro.
The App is also accessible for visually impaired and blind users. If VoiceOver is enabled, the App plays soft ticks while a page is loading, so blind users are able to identify when the page load has finished.
– Configurable multi-touch gestures
– QuickStarter feature
– AirPrint support
– Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
– iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names
– Cookie Manager
– Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
– Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
– URL autocompletion
– Simple built-in RSS reader
– Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
– Kiosk Mode – a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
– Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
– When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
– There are different color schemes and designs
– Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
The App includes a store providing several InApp purchases. These are meant as a tip jar. The InApp purchases are available for different prices, so you can pick the amount for the tip yourself. Doing so will unlock a few cool features as a reward, these are always the same, regardless of the amount of the tip. Users who have purchased the App within the last 12 months do get all these features for free, no need to buy one of the InApp purchases. Though they can nevertheless give me a tip, if they want to… ;-)
– There’s a new option in the user interface settings which alows to customize the additional keys that are attached to the keyboard of the address field to help entering URLs. It’s now possible to add your own keys, edit or remove existing ones.
– There’s a new option available in the “Services > E-Mail/SMS” settings which when enabled will pass all E-Mail links (when shared or tapped on) to the default E-Mail app of the iOS, instead of sending the E-Mail directly from within iCab Mobile.
– There’s a new option for the contextual menu available, which allows to search for other occurences in the web of the selected image on a web site. This feature uses the google reverse image search.
– The suggestions which are listed while editing text in the address field will now include matching Tabs as well, if enabled in the settings. Selecting such a suggestion will activate this tab
– The History shows the time of the last visit of a web site now.
– The contextual menu of a tab allows to shar the tab now
– In the Design settings it’s now possible to configure that inactive tabs will be always darker then active ones in dark mode. This will make the toolbars slightly brighter in dark mode, so make sure that the contract between active and inactive tabs is large enough. Otherwise the inactive tabs can become brighter than the active tab, in order to create a contrast that is large enough
– The import feature of the Downloads Manager supports to import multiple files at once
– Since iOS 15 it is possible support downloads which a web site provides via “blob” URLs.
– Bugfix for iOS 15: A few shortcuts for Bluetooth keyboards didn’t work anymore under iOS 15, this is fixed again.
– Improved auto-fill feature for forms in iOS 14 and newer
– Fixes an issue with the Document Provider extension for the Files App under iOS 15