* * * Winmail Reader for Mac is also available on the Mac App Store. * * *
Winmail.dat files are in fact TNEF format (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format). Microsoft Outlook e-mail program for Windows send e-mails as TNEF. Most other e-mail programs, including Mail, do not understand TNEF. If your e-mail program doesn’t understand TNEF, you may only see an attachment named “winmail.dat” that you cannot open. The easy-to-use solution to circumvent this problem is provided by Winmail Reader.
◆ Decodes “winmail.dat” files and list all attachments contained in it including email message.
◆ Inbuilt quick-look preview to view attachments. Tap on attachment button to popup quick-look preview.
◆ Allows attachments files to Copy to… another application, Save to Files, Copy, Print, share file to nearby iOS devices via AirDrop and more… Long press on attachment button to show share action options.
◆ Resend entire decoded email as it is with message and extracted attachments.
◆ Creates, edit and adds Microsoft Outlook Appointment and Meeting to iOS Calendar. It also reads embedded note.
◆ Creates and adds contact address card into iOS Contacts.
◆ Reads nested message in full RTF format as separate file.
– Fixed an issue that would cause empty list of attachments.
– Fixed an issue that could extract attachments without attributes.
– Fixed an issue casing app quit when opening dat file having unknown type MAPI attributes.
– Fixed a crash that could occur due to memory underflow while reading file attributes.
– Improved stability.
– Other bug fixes and improvements. Thank you all users for your feedback :)