Drummer ITP can help you to learn exceptionally accurate timing with your drum performances and become a true ‘In The Pocket’ player. The app is designed for practicing rudiment patterns with a drum practice pad – incorporating an intelligent listening feature, which allows your performance against a metronome click to be measured and given as feedback scores. You can therefore track your progress and identify what rudiment patterns and tempos cause you most trouble with staying in time.
*Please note: as with all professional audio and recording systems, Drummer ITP requires you to use wired headphones to enable zero latency analysis and measurements. Bluetooth headphones do not allow zero latency data exchange.
Drummer ITP helps to identify the key tempos where your technique changes from wrist-action stick hits to faster speeds which require you to control the bounce of the drumsticks. Finding your breaking points with different stick pad rudiments and practice exercises will enable you to focus on the most challenging aspects of your personal stick technique and will underpin your development in all areas of drumming.
The main display shows both the rolling click waveform and the microphone readings from your performance on the practice pad, so you can easily see if you are playing ahead or behind the beat. There is also a unique accuracy indicator which shows how far ahead or behind the beat each of your hits is. Whilst performing rudiments and exercises on a practice pad, the app records an ongoing measurement of accuracy and consistency of the performance, so you can practice to keep the timing indicator right in the middle of the screen and achieve the highest possible scores. When playing an accented pattern, or an exercise with rests incorporated, the intelligent algorithm checks that the correct type of hits are performed at the right time. If you want to check how accurate the app is, just turn up the loudspeaker volume and you’ll see it measure its own sounds to 100% accuracy – so you can see how close your own performance scores are to that of an electronic drum machine!
Drummer ITP can be used in Manual Mode or Rudiment Mode. In Manual Mode the metronome runs freely, as a standard metronome whilst also keeping a measurement of the recent performance scores. With a rudiment pattern active (i.e. using the app’s Rudiment Mode), a count in starts a 30, 60, 120 or 300 second rudiment test, the results of which become a benchmark for evaluating your performance progress over time, with all your best high scores being recorded. The app can also be used purely as a standalone high-precision metronome with advanced settings allowing you to choose different pitches, volumes and intervals for the click.
Includes a total of 68 practice patterns and rudiment exercises for combinations of:
– standard timing exercises (quarters, eighths, sixteenths)
– triplet timing exercises
– single, double and triple paradiddles (including inverted, reverse and offset)
– single and double paradiddle-diddle patterns
– rudimental drum rolls
– accented patterns
– notation of all included rudiments and exercise patterns
– real-time left/right hand pattern indicator
– accent indicator and moving notation counter
– tempo adjustment from 30-240 bpm
– beat time intervals 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
– optional beat one accent for practicing specific time signatures
– click designer with settings for pitch, tonality, click duration and volume
– separate click design for the main beat and interval sounds
– stick pad performance player, to hear what you are attempting to play
– high scores chart for completed rudiments and exercises
– preset click sounds
– microphone sensitivity adjustment
– intelligent ‘learn latency’ feature to ensure 100% accurate analysis