**Why should I take the test?**
Sleep apnoea (or apnea) is a serious medical condition that can have a major impact on your life. If you have sleep apnoea, air stops flowing to your lungs for ten seconds or longer during sleep. In some cases, this can happen more than 30 times per hour all night.
Sleep apnoea affects more than three in every ten men, and nearly two in every ten women. Studies have shown that 80% of people with sleep apnoea are undiagnosed.
**How the SleepCheck app works**
SleepCheck records your breathing and snoring sounds while you sleep. SleepCheck then uses clinically proven machine-learning algorithms to assess your risk of sleep apnoea.
In just a few steps, you can find out if there is more to your snore.
1. Make sure you are the only person sleeping in the room
2. Answer a few questions on your age, gender and neck size
3. Before you sleep, place your phone on your bedside table, press record and go to sleep
4. When you wake up, stop the recording
5. See your results and understand next steps
– Your privacy and data is protected. No account setup required. –
Your sleep recording never leaves your iPhone. Once analysed, it is deleted.
For use on adults aged 18 years and above.
Always read and follow the Instructions before Use. If you are unsure, check with your doctor.
SleepCheck is CE marked and TGA approved for ARTG listing as a Class I mobile medical device.