Plus, with REC’s timecode feature, you can easily synchronize footage from multiple devices for seamless, multi-angle videos. Choose from “Time of Day” timecode or use Bluetooth sync with Tentacle Sync devices for precise, one-frame resolution synchronization. And with seamless management options, including preview, watch, and send directly to your photo library or favorite editing app, you can create and share professional-quality videos with ease.
Here’s a quick summary of REC’s plethora of video options:
– Camera: Front, Telephoto, Wide, Ultra-Wide (As available on your device.)
– Camera Stabilization (As available by device and camera selection.)
– Resolution: 4K, 1080p, 720p (As available by device.)
– FPS: 240, 120, 60, 50, 48, 30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.98 (As available by device and camera selection.)
– Bit Rate: Normal, High, Max
– Dynamic Range: 8 Bit, 10 Bit, 10 Bit HDR (As available by device and other selections.)
– Format: HEVC, H.264 and now ProRes 422 Proxy, 422 LT, 422 and 422 HQ (As available by device and other selections.)
– Lock Exposure and White Balance when recording begins.
Here’s a quick summary of REC’s extensive audio options:
– Microphone: Front, Back, Bottom, External (As available on your device.)
– Microphone Gain control
– Microphone Polar Pattern control: Choose omni, subcardioid, cardioid or stereo pickup depending on what best fits your usage. (As available by device and microphone.)
– Sample Rate: 24Khz, 44.1Khz, 48Khz
– Format: AAC, PCM
That’s a lot of options! But REC gives you simplicity along with flexibility, you’ll never be able to select a combination that doesn’t work with your device.
REC’s floating buttons put pro level controls at your fingertips, and keeps them out of the way while you’re focusing on what’s important, shooting your video! A single tap brings up any of the control menus where you can adjust the white balance, shutter speed, ISO, EV, and focus manually. Or, use our intuitive touch controls to specify precisely where in your frame focus on and expose to. Quickly swap between the Wide, Ultra-Wide, Telephoto, or Front cameras and different formats with a flick of your finger, and your selection is always available at a glance. Optionally overlay a grid, and zoom in or out to help you frame the perfect shot every time.
REC provides two Timecode methods. The first one is “Time of Day”, which simply records your device’s clock information alongside the video. In order for it to work, just make sure all your devices are set to the same time. For really accurate and extremely simple synchronization, REC also provides Bluetooth sync using Tentacle Sync devices. Using Tentacle Timecode, REC is able to synchronize your iPhone footage within an incredible 1-frame resolution window. You can find more about the Tentacle Sync solutions at https://tentaclesync.com.
REC saves all of your videos seamlessly to the built-in manager that lets you quickly and easily preview your creations. Watch your shots at different speeds, and preview them without sound if you’re trying to find the right shot to share in a sensitive environment. Sending a video to your photo library or favorite editor is just a tap away. Or if you’d prefer, send videos directly to the Photo Library and enjoy its seamless integration with any app that supports video.
External Recording Enhancements:
– Format Freedom: Unlike the default camera app, REC allows you to record to an external disk in any format, not just ProRes.
– Seamless Integration: Simply choose to prefer saving to an external disk, when available. REC will manage the recording process automatically.
– Integrated External Disk Speed Test: Normally, recording to an external disk is a bit of a black box. If you have a slower disk frames can be dropped without warning, leading to choppy video files. With REC however, you can easily access a disk speed test from the settings menu to determine which formats will work best for your drive.
– Frame Loss Protection: If for some reason frames are being dropped while recording to an external drive, REC will alert you with a warning, so you can resolve the issue before wasting too much precious light.
Other Benefits of Recording to an External Disk:
– No Regrets: With recording to an external disk, you can now record for extended periods without worrying about running out of internal storage space.
– Optimized Workflow: Forget long transfer times, simply unplug your drive from your iPhone and plug it into your preferred editing computer. That’s it!
As always, your feedback is invaluable to us. If you have suggestions, questions, or encounter any issues while using REC, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team via the in-app bug reporter or [email protected]. We’re committed to continuously improving your video shooting experience.