Enjoy your music everywhere, anytime, in the quality you decide!
play:Sub supports playback of most audio formats like FLAC, MP3, AAC and more.
Lossless and gapless playback is supported, as well as crossfading between tracks.
Use the 10-band fully customizable equalizer to get the right sound.
The equalizer has presets for common genres and scenarios.
Apply crossfade and replay-gain for the perfect listening experience.
Browse your music your way, be it by folder, artist, album, decade.
Control playback using gestures, buttons or remote controlled from you headset.
Play on anything: builtin speaker, headphones, Bluetooth connected headphones/amp/speaker/car-stereo or AirPlay devices.
play:Sub streams your music over any connection, and caches songs for when connectivity is bad.
Played songs are cached automatically, and you can manually cache individual songs or entire folders, artists or albums.
• Subsonic, AirSonic, Ampache, Madsonic, Funkwhale, Libresonic, Navidrome
• Supports multiple servers and easy switching between them
• Any Subsonic 4.8+ compatible server should work
• You may need to enable Subsonic API on some server types
• Dark and light UI themes
• All orientations, incl. iPad multitasking support
• FLAC, AAC, ALAC, MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, AIFF, WEBM and more
• Plays most audio formats without transcoding
• Lossless playback (wo transcoding)
• Gapless playback
• 10-band equalizer
• Replay Gain
• HI-rez digital up to 24bit/192kHz
• Variable playback speed (0.5-2x)
• Any iOS device
• Artist radio.
• Artist top songs
• Similar artists
• Be inspired by random artist, album or songs
• Play random songs in a genre
BROWSE YOUR MUSIC ANY WAY YOU LIKE IT
• Artists, Albums, Songs
• Playlists, Favorites, Genres
• Podcasts, Audiobooks, Bookmarks
• Filter by Subsonic mediafolder
• Server configured / shared internet radiostation.
• 20000+ radiostation directory powered by radiobrowser,info
• Create, update and delete playlists
• Personal and shared playlists
• Cache complete playlists to device
• Full playlist support in both online and offline mode
• Starring of artists, albums, tracks and folders
• Starring works in both online and offline mode
• Items starred when offline is synced at first chance
• Easily filter lists for starred content
• View All, Random or Starred albums from a genre
• View Random or Starred songs from a genre
CONTEXT MENU EVERYWHERE
• Long-press any item to show relevant actions
• Easily navigate between associated artist, album, tracks and folders
• Add tracks, albums, artists or folders to playlists
• Swipe-to-reveal shortcuts
• Automatic caching of played tracks, pre-cache upcoming tracks
• Manually cache selected folders, artists, albums or tracks
• Upgrade cached audio to better bitrate when available
SEAMLESS OFFLINE MODE
• Play cached music when connectivity is bad
• Show only cached content
• Same user interface in online and offline mode
• AirPlay, Bluetooth, remote control, lock screen & control center integration
• Support iOS’ sleep timer
• Resumes music after being interrupted by phone calls
• Background downloads
• SSL, self-signed certificates
• Secure authentication for Subsonic 5.3+ servers
• cellular/wifi dependent bitrate; override settings for slow/fast WiFi networks
• Scrobbles to last.fm if configured on the server
• Updates Now Playing on the server
• Updates server-playcounts when playing cached content
• Music played while offline is scrobbled when online again
NOTE: a licensed installation of Subsonic 4.8+ is required.
Some features need a higher server version (Top Songs, Artist Radio, Similar Artists, Last.fm Imagery, Album Info)
REPEAT ONE TRACK
From the “What Took You So Long Department”:
play:Sub now supports repeating a single song.
Thanks for the patience!
play:Sub now has a Simplified Chinese translation thanks to the hard work of 张泰.
UPDATED NAVIDROME SUPPORT
play:Sub now supports bookmarks and radio station support with Navidrome.
NEW APP ICONS
Black and white app icons are now included.
OPTIONAL RESUME POINT MENU
You can now disable the “resume point menu” that has been driving some of you crazy for a while.
Go to Settings > User Interface Tweaks > Nitpicky Details > Disable Resume Point Menu
And of course no release notes are complete without mentioning the obligatory Bugfixes and Performance Improvements ;-)
For feature requests or issues:
please use the in-app form (play:Sub | Feedback),
or the contact form on http://michaelsapps.dk