• “Adaptivity is not just highly recommended – it’s essential” — Paul Hudson, Hacking With Swift article “8 essential apps for iOS developers”, 30th March 2020.
• “It’s a very, very good tool as a reference for both developers and designers” — Gui Rambo, Stacktrace podcast episode #77, 1st April 2020.
• “I’m not trying to spend your money, but to me this is a no-brainer” — Sean Allen YouTube video “Indie Dev Apps”, 12th April 2020.
• Visualise sizes for full view, layout margins, readable content guide and safe area layout guide.
• Sizes displayed in points or pixels.
• Regular or large navigation bar titles.
• Toggle status bar and navigation bar/toolbar/tab bar visibility.
• Activity View Controller support for sharing a snapshot image of each view.
• iPad multitasking and multiple window support (see note).
• Dark appearance support (requires iOS/iPadOS 13 or later).
• Setting to force right-to-left layout.
• Keyboard shortcuts.
• Keyboard navigation (requires iPadOS 15 or later).
• Handoff actions from Adaptivity (A), (B) or (C) on one device to Adaptivity (A) on another.
• External display support.
• Popover, Form/Page Sheet, Full Screen and Automatic modal presentations.
• Customise Sheet Presentations on iOS/iPadOS 15 or later.
• Tab Bar Controller.
• Table View Controller.
• Classic style Split View Controller.
• Double and triple column style Split View Controllers (requires iOS/iPadOS 14 or later).
• Keyboard Dodging and Custom Keyboard.
• Dynamic Type styles for the current Content Size Category.
• Explore Pointer Interactions (requires iPadOS 13.4 or later and a trackpad or mouse).
• Explore System Colors.
• Explore System Fonts.
• Explore System Images (requires iOS/iPadOS 13 or later). Choose which SF Symbols data set to view, configure rendering modes and much more.
• Explore System Materials (requires iOS/iPadOS 13 or later).
• Siri shortcut with custom response UI (requires iOS 12 or later).
• Pre- and post-iOS 14 style Widgets to show layout.
• iOS 14 style Widgets to show random System Images.
• iOS 14 style Widgets to show Dynamic Type text styles.
• iOS 16 lock screen Widgets to show layout.
• iOS 16 lock screen Widgets to show random System Images.
• Notification Content Extension.
• Watch App (requires watchOS 4 or later).
• iMessage App.
Note: Adaptivity (A) supports multiple windows on iPadOS 13 or later. On earlier iOS versions, Adaptivity (B) must also be downloaded to run Adaptivity twice using Split View or Slide Over iPad multitasking.
Adaptivity (A) is a universal purchase and includes a Mac Catalyst version of the app. Buying one allows the other to be downloaded at no extra cost using the same Apple ID.
Adaptivity (C) has the same reduced features as Adaptivity (B) but only supports iPhone. Use it to visualise how an iPhone‑only app appears on iPad.
For more information see https://hacknicity.com/adaptivity
• Updated data for those living in the future.
If you find Adaptivity (A) useful, please rate or review it in the App Store, or recommend it other developers and designers. The app was first released in 2015 and I have never charged for a new version. Any additional contributions to the Tip Jar, big or small, are very welcome and will help keep it that way. This makes a huge difference to me and the future of the app.
Thanks in advance,