For the responsible adult it is like having a virtual assistant with you, constantly monitoring noise levels and letting the children know in a fun and engaging way if noise levels have reached an unacceptable level.
In tests we have found when using this app with groups of children peer pressure alone is generally sufficient to control noise levels.
Summary of Features
• Displays graphically the background noise level in a room in a fun and engaging way.
• Allows the tolerable noise level to be adjusted to cater for those “louder activities” as well compensating for banging doors and other sudden noises with the “sensitivity” and “dampening” sliders.
• When the predefined noise level is exceeded for more than 3 seconds:
1) An audible Alarm is sounded (this can be switched ON or OFF)
2) The App appears to shatter the screen of the Device (this can be switched ON or OFF)
3) A counter, displayed on the noise meter, is incremented by one. Keeping track of the number of “Too Noisy” alarms.(this can be switched ON or OFF)
• There is a built-in “Star Awards” rewards system. It can operated in two modes:
– Achievement Mode
In this mode a Star is awarded each time the Class keep their noise under control for a pre-determined period of time. This can be from 1 to 15 minutes.
Normally, if the class triggers the alarm in this mode they will lose the Star currently running, however, there is also a switch that, if set to ON, will remove an additional Star every time the Class cause the “Too Noisy” alarm to be triggered.If students get all 10 stars a “Super Star Award” is displayed. Stars can also be manually Awarded and removed by the responsible adult.
– Session Mode
In this mode the Teacher sets the length of time for a complete session. This can be any length of time. Perhaps for a full lesson (e.g. 1 hour 10 minutes) or for a time period set to complete a specific task (e.g. 20 minutes).
The app will take the session time and divide it by 10 (the maximum number of Stars that can be Won in any one session). The Stars are then awarded at that rate. For example if the Teacher sets the session time to 60 minutes then one Star Awards will be awarded every 6 minutes (60 minutes / 10 Stars = 6 minutes per Star)
• Keep things fresh with over 200 Dial / Background Theme combinations
• The “Alarm Counter” can be reset or disabled completely.
If the noise level is acceptable a happy smiling contented graphic is displayed. If the levels of noise increase beyond what the responsible adult has determined as acceptable, the graphic changes to reflect the unacceptable noise level. Once the level of noise returns to an acceptable level the graphic automatically returns to the happy contented one, however, if the volume of noise remains unacceptably high for more than 3 seconds…an audible alarm is sounded (this can be turned on and off) and the screen of the device appears to shatter! Also, the “Alarm Counter” on the meter is incremented by one (this can be zeroed at any time with a reset button).
If you have any issues with Too Noisy Pro, before you write a bad review, please tap the “?” button in the app for help, or if you do not find the answer there, please contact us at [email protected]. We can’t fix what we don’t know about, and writing a bad review is not the way to report a bug! You can also use this email address to submit feature requests. Too Noisy Pro has been developed over several based from cool feedback from users.