Join a community and create your profile. Find and and follow fascinating folks and read their posts in an ad-free, chronological timeline. Express yourself with custom emoji, images, GIFs, videos, and audio in 500-character posts. Reply to threads and reblog posts from anyone to share great stuff. Find new accounts to follow and trending hashtags to expand your network.
Mastodon is built with a focus on privacy and safety. Decide whether your posts are shared with your followers, just the people you mention, or the whole world. Content warnings let you hide posts containing sensitive or triggering material until you’re ready to engage with them. Each community has its own guidelines and moderators to keep its members safe, and robust blocking and reporting tools help prevent abuse.
• Dark Mode: Read posts in light, dark, or true black mode
• Polls: Ask followers for their opinion and tally the votes
• Explore: Trending hashtags and accounts are a tap away
• Notifications: Get notified about new follows, replies, and reblogs
• Sharing: Post directly to Mastodon from any share sheet in any app
• Cuteness: Our mascot is an adorable elephant, and you’ll see them pop up from time to time
Mastodon is a registered nonprofit and development is supported directly by your donations. There’s no advertising, no monetization, and no venture capital, and we plan to keep it that way.
– We fixed a bug that wouldn’t let you logout on iPad. When you tried to logout, well, the app crashed, but only on iPad. Thanks to everyone who reported it (and sorry for the crash)! (GH-1172)
– Speaking of logging out: When you restarted the app right after logging out, well, you were still logged in as we didn’t remove the credentials properly. (GH-1181)
– Another credential-related bug: In the 2023.14-release, we added a bug so you couldn’t share to Mastodon from another app. It resulted in the very precise error message “No available account”. Well, good news everyone: We found your account! And we fixed the bug, so that you can share interesting articles and memes with your friends on Mastodon. Right in time for #Caturday. (GH-1168)
– This is the first contribution of Rizwan and we’re very grateful for that: When you double-tap the search tab, it focuses the search bar so that you can start searching right away. Thank you, Rizwan! (GH-748)
– You Hometimeline shouldn’t forget your position any longer when you switched tabs. (GH-744)
– We added some performance improvements for “Familiar Followers”. (IOS-195)
That’s it for now. We hope, that you didn’t spend too much on special offers. Although Mastodon is free for you to use, it’s not free to develop. That’s why we’re so grateful for your ongoing support. The less you spend on special offers, the more you can spend on us!
Just kidding, have a lovely time.