Practice playing with scale position loops to master the position and build muscle memory. Scale exercises to play along with that will improve your finger dexterity and ability to improvise. Start slow and increase speed as you improve.
Circle of fifths shows common chords for a key and will help you compose music, learn key signatures and transpose songs to a different key. Tap a common chord to see it on a fretboard inside the circle of fifths.
Play scales and chords by swiping across strings; direction of swipe determine ascending or descending playback.
Learn scales by playing along with five patterns that cover the fretboard for each scale. Scale positions correspond to the popular CAGED system. The CAGED system chord shape for the current scale position is displayed to help you remember scale positions in any key.
Tuner to tune your guitar easily; use chromatic mode or select from many specific tunings.
Adj. reference frequency used by tuner and playback instruments can be set to 410 Hz – 470 Hz (default A = 440 Hz).
Metronome with click and drum voices, beat subdivisions and tap to set BPM (10 – 400). Time signatures: 2/2, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8.
Create 8.5” x 11” PDF diagrams (color and b&w versions) of scale positions or all notes on a full fretboard; also, all chord notes on a full fretboard. Easy to print, save & share PDFs with iBooks, email, AirDrop & Messages.
• Accurate tuner
• Chord and scale info including which work best together
• Scale/chord playback – chose from 5 instruments and set independently
• Create PDF diagrams of scales (positions or full fretboard) & chords (full fretboard)
• Play scales and chords together to hear how they sound together.
• Adjustable reference frequency for tuner and playback
• Scale position and exercises loops with adj. playback speed (full position or one octave)
• Display and playback scales and chords covering the fretboard
• Chord/scale notes show letter name, interval and fingering
• Show CAGED system chord shape for scale position
• 48 alternate tunings
• Right or Left handed guitar
• Vertical or horizontal fretboard
• iPhone – zoom in/out to see complete fretboard
• iPad – three fretboards: full (scale or chord), scales and chords
• Universal app – purchase once and use on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• All features included! – no in app purchases
• No ads
Pentatonic etc: Major & Minor Pentatonic, Blues (Minor Blues), Major Blues
Major scale modes: Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian (Relative Minor) and Locrian
Harmonic Minor modes: Harmonic Minor, Phrygian Dominant (Spanish Gypsy)
Melodic Minor modes: Melodic Minor Ascending (Jazz Minor), Dorian b2 (Javanese), Lydian Augmented, Lydian Dominant (Overtone), Mixolydian b6 (Hindu), Locrian Sharp2 (Half-Diminished), Super Locrian (Altered)
Symmetrical scales: Chromatic, Half/Whole Diminished (Octatonic), Whole/Half Diminished, Whole Tone
Miscellaneous scales: Bebop Dominant
Major: Major, maj7, maj9, maj13, 6, add9, 6/9
Minor: m, m7, m9, m11, m13, m6, m(maj7), m7b5
Dominant: 7, 9, 11, 13, 7sus4
Altered Dominant: 7b5, 7#5, 7b9, 7#9
Other Chords: Augmented, dim, dim7, Power, sus2, sus4
Standard, Std. Half Step Down, Std. Full Step Down, Drop D, Drop C#/Db, Drop C, Drop B, Drop A#/Bb, Drop A, Drop G#/Ab, Drop G, Drop F#/Gb, Drop F, Drop E, Double Drop D, Double Drop C#/Db, Double Drop C, Open A, Open A Alt., Open A Slide, Open C, Open D, Open E, Open F, Open G, Cross-note A, Cross-note A Alt., Cross-note C, Cross-note D, Cross-note E, Cross-note G, Asus4, Csus2, Dsus2, Dsus4 (Dad-Gad), Esus2, Esus4, Gsus2, Gsus4, E Modal, Bruce Palmer Modal, All Fourths, Baritone, C6, Dad-Gad (Dsus4), Dad-Dad, Dobro, Lute, New Standard
Adjustable reference frequency – used by tuner and playback instruments
Set in “Settings” 410 Hz – 470 Hz (default A = 440 Hz)
Thanks for the feedback and reviews!