KaiserTone contains the “Amazing Quality Sound Engine AQS-XI”. This high-speed sound engine makes use of over 64000 frequency bands to deliver the very highest quality audio. Sound Engine AQS-XI provides an equalizer, virtual surround, cross fader, gapless playback, silence detection, noise reduction, and a dynamic limiter, to allow you to listen to your favorite music at your preferred sound quality.
KaiserTone plays music files stored on the iTunes library and in the high-resolution music database (HiRes DB).
Supports High-resolution sources:
1) playback of high-res sources up to 768kHz/32bits
2) PCM and DoP (DSD over PCM) playback of high-res DSD files up to 12MHz/1bit.
Supported audio format:
– iPod Library(iTunes): audio format used by Music App of Apple
– Hires DB: DSD(2.8MHz~12MHz/1bit, .dsf, .dff), FLAC(8k~384kHz/8~32bit), WAV(8k~768kHz/8~64bit), Apple Lossless(8k~384kHz), AIFF(8k~768kHz/8~32bit), AAC(8~320 Kbps), MP3(8~320 Kbps), MP4(as Sound), M4V(as Sound)
* In iPod Library, Music app exclusive data (Apple Music, DRM, iCloud) can be cooperative played back with the restriction function by Music app.
iPhone 5 or later, iPod touch 7, 6, iPad Pro, Air2, Air
– 6 modes of continuous playback (+ Medley)
– Music shuffle
– Spectrum analyzer (stereo split, bandwidth resolution, persistence, etc.)
– Speaker, headphones, Bluetooth, AirPlay, dock
– SNS posting (iOS11/later, Twitter, facebook, …)
– Sleep Timer from 10 min. up to 8 hr.
Sound Quality Effect:
– Presets equalizer: Normal, Perfect, Eargasm Explosion, Rock, Rap, Metal, Country, Jazz, Acoustic, Classic, Blues, Oldies, Reggae, Opera, Speech, Bass, Mid, Treble
– Graphic equalizer:(5 Band, 10 Band, 20 Band, 30 Band, Spline curve 16k, 32k)
Range: -12dB ~ +12dB. (Minimum Step: 0.1, 0.5, 1.0dB)
Six types of equalizers for your enjoyment:
○ Beginner: 5 Frequency bands: 100Hz-8KHz
○ Average: 10 bands: 32Hz-16KHz
○ Expert: 20 bands: 32Hz-22.62KHz
○ Master: 30 bands: 25Hz-6.3KHz
○ Spline Curve: Customizable frequency band range
16k: 32Hz-16KHz, 32k: 16Hz-32KHz
– Virtual surround sound presets
– Digital Output (Max 768kHz/32bit)
– DoP output v1.0/v1.1
– “Prevent the head cutting” for DAC (0 to 3.0 sec.)
– Up-sampling with integral multiples settings
– Fine volume
– Left/Right balance
– Gain adjustments
– Playback music from the iTunes Library and the HiRes DB
– by artists, albums, songs, genres, playlists(Create/Delete), Compilations, Composers, SampleRates, Formats
– “Shuffle” play can be selected from the song list
– “All songs” has the top of the artist/album
– Songs can be searched from the artist, album, song lists
– “Album artist” settings
– Grid View (on iPhone5/more)
– Mini Player
– Add to queue
– Customize the design with 24 different colors
– Silence detection (Automatically skip silences lasting 3 or more consecutive sec.)
– Automatic dynamic limiter, noise reduction
– Spectrum analyzer (stereo, bandwidth, color…)
– Crossfade (0 to 20 sec.)
– Pause Fadeout (0 to 1.0 sec.)
– Album art view swipe action settings
– Player orientation settings
– Edit the music selection tags
– 7 Virtual surround sound presets (live Reverb)
– Control playback with headphone buttons and Bluetooth
– Output with speakers, headphones, Bluetooth, AirPlay, docks
– Album art display
– Gapless playback
– Auto pause on unplugging headphones / receiving a phone call
– Background playback
– Display lyrics when included in the song file
– importation to the HirRes DB by iTunes and AirDrop, by Files app on iOS11 or later
* In Hires DB, it cannot play a track with compression dff file / DRM protected file.
* Only Playlist created in this app can be deleted
* The download button of purchased sound source from mora is displayed only for “language:Japanese or region:Japan”. mora’s service is only available in Japan
1. iOS support
(1) iOS 16 Operation confirmed / adjusted
(a) Adjustment of automatic playback stop when switching output device (external output to internal speaker)
(b) Stability adjustment when acquiring DAC performance information
(2) Added iPhone14 Pro Max, iPhone14 Pro, iPhone14 as a supported additional model
2. Other enhancements
■ In iOS10 or Later, at the time of the first start-up,
alert of ““KaiserTone” Would Like to Access Apple Music And Your Media Library” is displayed.
At that time, “OK” should be selected for using a song in the iPod Library.
This player uses to playback musics in the iPod Library (iTunes Library).
This library is the data in the media library. In order to use the songs in the iPod Library, this question should have been set to “OK”.
※”Don’t Allow” was selected, it can not display all the songs in the iPod Library.
■ Resetting Method
Go to the Apple Settings app, Scroll down and Tap the KaiserTone, Enable “Media & Apple Music” or “Media Library” toggle.
*This item name depends on the iOS version.