– Computes the angles of any up to 5 vertices polygon
– Obtain coordinates (longitude, latitude) from the Google Map
– Create an infinite number of projects
– Import simple DXF files
– Email the data (longitude, latitude and altitude, and the coordinates of the points)
– Export the coordinates in a DXF file and then email it
– Zoom in/out on the map
– Rotate the map (360 degrees)
– Manually add points by giving the Longitude/Latitude of the point
– Compute the area of any sub-region on the fly
Calculating the area of a surface has never been easier!
Whether you are a civil engineer, a topographer, a student or a person who likes to build things on his/her own, you will find iTopography an invaluable tool.
iTopography is developed on the premise that a surface can be approximated as a polygon of finite number of lines and vertices (points). Therefore, iTopography can calculate the area of any surface, whether this surface is a garden, the living room, a field or even a geometrical shape for a homework class.
iTopography uses the GPS device to obtain the longitude and latitude of the current position. In the case of a weak signal (e.g., inside the house), the user is asked to give the distance and angle between two adjacent points.
In order for iTopography to compute the area of a surface, the user must move along the borders of the surface in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. When the user inserts a point, iTopography will connect the adjacent points with a straight line, draw the surface, and calculate the area of the surface along with its perimeter.
Several minor changes in the UI (both iPhone and iPad)