customizable cables from 12F to 6912F, custom color codes, variable start fiber # searches, searchable cable count (with reverse cable count) and color code drill down.
This app shall be used only as a handy secondary reference tool as we know there are mistakes made in the field and incorrect records that always need to be taken into account. Use of a tone source as a primary identifier will always be more accurate.
Locate fibers with or without cable counts. Simply enter a strand # without a cable count or enter the ‘Cable,Fiber’ if you’re using a complex cable count (app auto detects if there’s a count or not). The app will then auto expand and place index pointers at your found fibers locations.
~To configure High Density cables (RILT#1-5 positions) to include Ribbon in loose tube, Spår/slotted core or yarn bundled cable :
1) Select the round cable type configuration button.
2) Select any of the last 5 items in the list labeled as RILT#1-5.
3) Select the bottom left “More” tab.
4) Select “Set RILT” and configure
RILT#1-5 maximum configuration of any combination (not to exceed 6912F):
Super Tubes: 1-24max
~Create customized color codes:
1) Select the bottom left “More” tab.
2) Then select ‘Set Color Code’ from the ‘More Menu’.
3) Scroll down to the very bottom of the populated color code list and select ‘Custom Setup’.
4) At the next screen that appears; click the ‘Start here’ button, then select a color code position you’d like to edit from the list.
5) Edit the list name.
6) Start with tube colors then edit super & fiber colors (starting with tube colors will pre-populate super and fiber colors)
7) Then click the green check button on the fibers screen after reviewing your selections to save.
~Input Cable Count screen
While not necessary to use in the app. You can enter a full complex cable count that can be split into a cable type sub-unit configuration of your choice (2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24, 32, 36, 48, RILT #1-5).
Saving a cable count by a cable position turns the Search Button Icon and related cable count text box borders to a distinguishable color for keeping track of which cable cable is being currently used within the app.
1) Select the round Cable Type button
2) Enter cable count
3) Optionally select a position to save count to
4) Click the “Color Code” button
Cable1 = Blue
Cable2 = Orange
Cable3 = Green
Custom Start Fiber (Without a cable count) = Red
Unsaved cable count or Start fiber is #1 = Gray
Smart Save radio button color key:
green = vacant
black = existing count stored
red = existing count to be overwritten
blue = saved successfully
To remove a previously saved cable count. Select the position to be deleted and long click the Clear button.
~Cable Count Input validation dot:
Provides the user with a simple way to know if the cable count entered is valid for the color code chart. It will turn red if missing a cable name, missing a comma, the low fiber range is greater than the high fiber range, or the sum of the whole cable count is greater than the chosen cable type.
~Double Space Auto Punctuation:
Easily enter a cable count using the apps built in double space auto-punctuation feature by:
1) Enter cable name followed by 2 spaces (app automatically places a comma)
2) Enter the low fiber followed by 2 spaces (app automatically places a dash)
3) Enter the high fiber followed by 2 spaces (app automatically drops down for next line of count)
URL scheme Examples:
Without a count:
With single line of count:
With multi-lines of count:
multi-line separator = %0A (percent symbol, zero, capital “A”)