• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Emmet support
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• iCloud Drive
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Multiple Windows on iPadOS
• Support for Dark Mode
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• Find in multiple files
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander snippet expansion
• Custom fonts
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox or Google Drive
• By using “Open In” in other apps
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don’t hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
Tap the search field above a file listing and change the search mode from “Filename” to “Content”. In the search settings, you can choose to search for text or a regular expression. You can also set whether the search should be case sensitive, diacritic sensitive, and whether to search for whole words only.
Start the search by pressing the Return key after entering the search term.
Searching multiple files works in Local Files, iCloud and external folders (such as other folders in iCloud Drive or Git repositories in Working Copy).
– Added keyboard shortcuts for Find Next (Cmd-G), Find Previous (Cmd-Shift-G) and Find and Replace (Cmd-Option-F).
– Improved search settings UI.
– Search results in the code editor now have a more modern style.
– Updated the manual.