Unlike standard metronomes, which only provide time, Gap Click helps you improve your sense of time. Gap Click is more than a metronome that focuses on improving your ability to keep tempo, become more aware and comfortable with off-beat clicks, and become bulletproof and accurate with all notes of the subdivision.
By scrolling through the numbers of bars and patterns, you can quickly configure a “gap” of time in which the metronome drops out. When the “one” comes back around, will your playing still be in time? How long of a gap can you play through and still maintain a solid tempo?
Next, you can experiment with all kinds of off-beat patterns in the Gap Bar, which moves the click from the downbeat position to a different location. Can you still play your instrument and maintain the downbeat internally even when you hear the click sound on an off-beat?
Both the “click” and the “gap” portion supports various syncopated patterns, allowing you to practice in binary or ternary rhythms – with more or less safety depending on your settings.
• Ability to choose from various syncopated patterns and the number of measures for both the standard “click” and the “gap.”
• Use the nostalgic click wheel to find the right tempo or tap to set your desired tempo from 10 to 300bpm
• Standard quarter-note time signatures: 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4
• Support for VoiceOver ensures Gap Click is fully accessible to users with visual impairments
• See visual feedback for each note or rest that the metronome plays
• Accent beat 1 of each measure or turn accents off for a more significant challenge
• Flash the screen for a visual indication when switching between the “click” and the “gap” sections
• Find your favorite sound from a variety of click samples hand-picked by Benny
Buy Once, Use Forever
• There are no In-App Purchases – a one-time purchase includes all current and future features.
What professionals are saying about GAP CLICK:
• “The skills you can sharpen by using this app are integral for what it takes to be a professional drummer in any genre.” – Matt Halpern
• “When I first opened the app, it made (simple) sense, without a tutorial.” – Chris Coleman
• “This app helps you lock in the pocket on a whole different level.” – Luke Holland
• “The Gap Click app is something that every drummer should have in their toolbox.” – Jared Falk, Drumeo
What our users are saying about GAP CLICK:
• “If you think you have good timing, this will really put you in your place.”
• “Gone are the days of programming gap clicks!”
• “I’ve never had so much fun being destroyed in my practice session.”
• “This is by far the best money I’ve ever spent on a practice tool.”
ABOUT BENNY GREB
Benny Greb is one of the most respected drummers in the world today. Not only has he headlined nearly every major drum festival and toured with his clinics and drum camps worldwide, but he is also recognized as a composer and bandleader in his band Moving Parts, which won him the renowned “ECHO Jazz” award – the German equivalent to The Grammys in jazz.
Benny Greb published two of the most successful and critically acclaimed educational products, “The Language of Drumming” and “The Art and Science of Groove,” He has helped create many signature products available to drummers today.
Find him online at https://www.bennygreb.de as well as on social media.
#1. Travis informed me of the case on iPads where the low tone appeared in “Slide Over” mode when using Gap Click together with another app that produces audio.
#2. The low-tone bug also appeared on iPhones when switching from an app that produces audio back to Gap Click.
In both cases, the click now starts as expected with your anticipated selected click sound.
It turns out the “low-tone bug” is not just a single bug but a symptom of an underlying issue when audio is unexpectedly interrupted by something else. If you encounter any other instances of this bug, please let me know so I can address them. Together, we’ll squash them all! It’s like a bad Halloween nightmare for me, lol.
A big thanks again to our considerate users who helped us improve the app, this time Travis, who sent a video demonstrating how to reproduce the issue!
We’re always eager to hear your thoughts on this release. Please continue sending your feedback to us from within the app under Settings > Contact Support. I respond to every message personally and promptly to provide you with the best customer service possible.
Thank you for your continued support!